Every year, Voices for Children proudly joins many other Omaha-area nonprofits in Omaha Gives! This year’s 24-hour online giving campaign raised over $8 million and demonstrated our community’s strong commitment to the important work of our local nonprofits.
This year, our participation in Omaha Gives raised over $5000 (before matching funds and prize dollars!) from over 70 donors toward our efforts to make Nebraska the best place to be a kid. On behalf of the staff and board of directors of Voices for Children, thank you for your support!
Over the last 29 years, we have achieved many victories for Nebraska children and families with proven outcomes, but the data show that there is still work to be done. Your contributions will drive our continued fight to build pathways to opportunity for all kids in our state, and in the coming year, we are turning our attention to:
- Ensuring that all children in juvenile court proceedings have timely and meaningful access to counsel
- Reducing the number of children who are eligible but not enrolled in the Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Ensuring that more low- to moderate-risk families who come to the attention of the child welfare system are met with appropriate and stabilizing services
- Increasing accessibility and affordability of fresh and healthy foods for families
- Ensuring that children in our child welfare and juvenile justice systems are in the least restrictive family-like placements whenever possible
- Continuing to fight for fair access to credit for Nebraska’s struggling families
We all believe that every child in Nebraska deserves to have the best possible start to life—Voices for Children invites you to join us as we continue to make sure that our systems and policies effectively meet the needs of all kids. Thank you!