Special Projects Intern
Summary: Support the Executive Director in efforts surrounding the annual fundraising event. Provide general office support for staff. Intern is to fill a position while staff member is on maternity leave. (overlap for training will be provided)
Reports to: Operations/Special Projects Coordinator and Executive Director
Salary: $10 per hour
Internship Dates: June-September 2015, 20-25 hours per week
Gala Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide primary staff support to Gala Committee including :
- Accessing maintaining weekly updates of sponsorship.
- Processing reservations, sending thank you letters, filing copies of all correspondence.
- Providing materials and assistance coordinating committee meetings.
- Overseeing registration tables at Gala.
- Maintain registration for the event and seating arrangements.
- Staff the annual event by managing the registration process and physical table.
- Post event wrap: sending thank you letters and payment receipts for donations/auction items.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones, direct calls and/or take messages.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Order office supplies.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience managing events preferred
- Senior level student
To apply for this internship please email your resume to
Maria Alban-Operations/Special Projects Coordinator at email@example.com
Application deadline 4/30/2015