Voices for Children seeks a dedicated professional to provide support on communications, development and office operations. Also provides assistance to the Executive Director in efforts surrounding the annual fundraising event.
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
Voices for Children in Nebraska has, for over 28 years, been recognized and revered as the trusted expert and advocate on key children’s issues in Nebraska. Its mission is to be the independent voice building pathways to opportunity for all children and families through research, policy and community engagement. Voices for Children’s vision is to engage the public and state leaders to build systems removing obstacles promoting opportunities for all children to lead healthy, secure and fulfilling lives.
Responsibilities of the Marketing, Development and Operations Coordinator:
Marketing and Development (75% of time):
- Design, coordinate, and maintain Voices for Children’s communications strategy in coordination with staff including media relations, publications, and social media.
- Coordinate advance work for conferences, community meetings, receptions and other special events.
- Maintain media contact directory and coordinate press releases and responses to press requests.
- Work with Lutheran Volunteer Intern to maintain the advoKID email network and social media.
- Track organizational media coverage.
- Secure and supervise additional interns to support the communications and marketing work of Voices for Children as needed.
- Assist as needed with preparation of fund development solicitations, grant proposals, and all reports issued by the Voices for Children office, including solicitations by Board members.
- Manage the donor database and lead potential database transition.
- Maintain donor records including receiving payment, recording payment in network and receivable log, sending thank you letter, filing copy of payment, and processing mailings.
- Coordinate all materials for print with printing company.
- Assist with grant file management.
- Support annual event through processing donations, thank you notes, and recording ticket purchases.
- Provide primary staff support to Gala Committee including accessing maintaining weekly updates of sponsorship, reservations, and donations in database, sending thank you letters, filing copies of all correspondence, providing materials and assistance coordinating committee meetings, and receipt reconciliation after Gala.
- Serve as a liaison between the Gala Committee and Voices for Children in Nebraska staff and board, communicating the status of projects, providing regular reports of needs, expectations and responsibilities.
- Assist with the overall event details, including working with the facility contact as needed.
- Work with the Executive Director and Committee to secure corporate sponsorships by preparing solicitation letters, donor packets, and scheduling meetings.
- Assist Gala Committee in organizing and securing silent and live auction items.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities (25% of time):
- Answer phones, direct calls and/or take messages.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Maintain records including board book, corporate records, fundraising files, all filing systems.
- Coordinate report and donor mailings.
- Maintain minutes at board meetings and provide requested assistance to executive committee meetings.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Limited use of own vehicle required to make some pick-ups and deliveries.
- Maintain organizational calendar.
- Coordinate job postings, candidate materials, interview setup, and candidate rejection correspondence.
- New hire orientation: Computer set up, email set up, software training, office equipment training, business card set up/order.
- Coordinate the internal and external function of Voices office space by overseeing office equipment purchases and maintenance, manage office contracts – cleaning.
- Oversee IT infrastructure including server, back-up systems, and software.
- Interest in social justice and child well-being.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience balancing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- 1-2 years experience working in an office environment.
- Experience managing events.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with content management systems, particularly Word Press.
- Experience using social media (facebook, twitter etc.) for an organization.
- Experience using donor software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area.
- Salary, based on experience
- Benefits package
- Paid holiday, personal, vacation and sick days
Interested parties should send cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls please.