The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of Voices for Children in Nebraska. The Executive Director is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission to be the independent voice building pathways to opportunity for all children and families through research, policy and community engagement.
Voices for Children in Nebraska has, for over 28 years, been recognized and revered as the trusted expert and advocate on key children’s issues in Nebraska. Its mission is to be the independent voice building pathways to opportunity for all children and families through research, policy and community engagement. Voices for Children’s vision is to engage the public and state leaders to build systems removing obstacles promoting opportunities for all children to lead healthy, secure and fulfilling lives.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director:
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work toward the strategic direction of the organization.
- Communicate the mission, programs, and policy of Voices for Children of Nebraska to key stakeholder audiences and serve as spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with public officials, service providers, funders, the media, community groups, and professional organizations.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and execute a long range fund development plan the enables Voices to secure financial backing that is diversified and secure while being sufficient to achieve its mission and purpose.
- Provide leadership for all resource development functions including foundation proposals, special events, corporate solicitations and individual appeals.
- Foster positive relations with existing funders and donors, and consistently develop new funding relationships.
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership to the organization and translate that vision into concrete actions that advance the mission of Voices for Children in Nebraska.
- Effectively implement a nonpartisan advocacy strategy on behalf of Nebraska’s most vulnerable children.
- Provide strong leadership for Voices research, communication and program initiatives.
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Work with the staff and the finance committee of the Board in preparing and implementing a budget, and operate within the budget guidelines.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, training and release of all personnel, including paid staff, interns, and volunteers.
- A Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in a field related to Voices for Children of Nebraska’s purpose; or, equivalent experience in the field.
- Demonstrated success in fund raising and public relations.
- A commitment to children and families of Nebraska.
- Policy leadership experience.
- Exceptional management ability.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package
- Paid holiday, personal, vacation and sick days
Please forward resume, cover letter and writing sample to: Eric Nelson, Board President at email@example.com Please indicate “Executive Director” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Voices for Children in Nebraska is an equal opportunity employer.