Are you a junior or senior student in communications (journalism, PR, graphic design) or related fields looking for real world experience to build your portfolio and skills? Voices for Children in Nebraska has an opening for a visual communications intern, 10 hours per week, $10 per hour, mid-August to mid-May. (Pending grant funding, there is an opportunity for this to become a 20 hour per week internship)
Local (Omaha-area) applicants only. Flexible scheduling available, but a majority of the weekly hours should be completed during normal business hours (8 am-5pm Monday-Friday) at our office in Ralston.
This position will:
- Work with Voices for Children staff to identify data sources for interesting, useful visualizations
- Use data to tell the story of Nebraska’s children, translating facts and numbers for a non-expert audience
- Assist with the production of infographics for the upcoming Kids Count in Nebraska report
- Add a visual polish to fact sheets and 1-pagers for use with legislative testimony and public education
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- Ability to meet deadlines, both long-term and with short turn around
- Works well in a team environment
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and samples of your design work (or link to an online portfolio) to Jill Westfall, jwestfall @ voicesforchildren.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.