Job Summary: Complete responsibility for data collection, analysis and compilation of the Kids Count in Nebraska annual report. Develop and oversee additional Voices for Children in Nebraska research projects, provide research support to the Economic Policy and Research Coordinator. Be the primary spokesperson for the Kids Count in Nebraska report.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
Kids Count in Nebraska Report
- Coordinate and maintain the process and deadlines for all data collection for the Kids Count report.
- Solicit and collect specific Kids Count data from state agencies based on the data collection process established by the project, including county level data.
- Maintain a Kids Count data base and incorporate new data.
- Work with the Communications & Operations Coordinator to coordinate graphics/layout & print professionals and the Technical Team on edits, corrections and revisions.
- Convene and facilitate up to three meetings of the Kids Count Technical Advisors and Panel of Advisors.
- Convene and facilitate on-on-one meetings with members of the Technical Team or state agency leadership to clarify or review data requests and protocol as necessary.
- Use the Kids Count report, Voices for Children’s mission, staff and legislative priorities to identify the annual commentary for the Kids Count report.
- Research, author and craft message for the commentary in the Kids Count report.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to write and distribute press releases and media advisories. Lead any press conferences or webinars related to Kids Count and other research reports. Communicate with the media on key issues related to the Kids Count report and additional Voices for Children research or data.
- Attend up to three National Kids Count meetings convened by the Annie E. Casey Foundation or other partner organizations/foundations.
- Write and maintain reports for all grant proposals related to Kids Count and other Voices for Children research projects.
- Work with the Executive Director and other staff to identify, research and author additional research projects appropriate for Voices for Children.
- Research and cultivate additional potential research partnerships and funding sources to diversify research funding for Voices for Children.
- Utilizing Kids Count data, develop Fact Sheets, Issue Briefs, and infographics and work with the other staff to prioritize and identify distribution mechanisms
- Provide research support to the policy staff on policy priorities for Voices for Children
- Perform workshops and public speaking functions for Voices for Children covering Kids Count data and information, information from additional research products and general Voices for Children information.
- Respond to data requests and provide technical assistance on data collection on behalf of Voice for Children.
- Participate on external boards, committees, and task forces as a representative of Voices for Children and to be present in or connected to the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences (political science, sociology, public administration, etc) or equivalent relevant experience required, graduate coursework preferred
- Through understanding of basic research methods and statistics required
- Highly detail oriented
- Exceptional ability to analyze and explain data in written and spoken communications to a variety of audiences – from data professionals and elected officials to advocates and the media
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate, and relevant writing sample to email@example.com with “Research Coordinator” in the subject line. This position is available immediately. Qualified candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until it is filled.