Summary: Provide general office administrative support to Executive Director and staff. Support the Executive Director in efforts surrounding the annual fundraising event.
Reports to: Executive Director
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones, direct calls and/or take messages.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Assist as needed with preparation of fund development solicitations, grant proposals, and all reports issued by the Voices for Children office, including solicitations by Board members.
- Manage the donor database and lead transition into a more modernized system.
- Maintain donor records including receiving payment, recording payment in network and receivable log, sending thank you letter, filing copy of payment, and processing mailings.
- Assist with grant file management.
- Maintain records including board book, corporate records, fundraising files, all filing systems.
- Support to all mailings and projects including: conference events, board correspondence, quarterly newsletter, and bulk mailing preparation.
- Maintain minutes at board meetings and provide requested assistance to executive committee meetings.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Manage calendar of the Executive Director.
- Limited use of own vehicle required to make some pick-ups and deliveries.
- Maintain Staff Calendar; organize meetings, schedule meetings for all staff, prepare and gather materials for upcoming meetings and site visits.
- Coordinate speaking engagement process and respond to requests for information about Voices for Children or speaking engagements.
- Support annual event through processing donations, thank you notes, and recording ticket purchases.
- Staff the annual event by managing the registration process and physical table.
Gala Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide primary staff support to Gala Committee including accessing maintaining weekly updates of sponsorship, reservations, donations, and raffle sales in database, sending thank you letters, filing copies of all correspondence, providing materials and assistance coordinating committee meetings, overseeing registration tables at Gala, and receipt reconciliation after Gala.
- Working with the Communications Coordinator to ensuring that the Voices for Children in Nebraska brand, mission and philosophy penetrate the event and all Gala materials.
- Serving as a liaison between the Gala Committee andVoices for Childrenin Nebraska staff and board, communicating the status of projects, providing regular reports of needs, expectations and responsibilities
- Monitoring the event timeline in relation to Voices for Children’s organizational calendar and support co-chairs and committees as necessary
- Assisting with the overall event details, including working with the facility contact as needed
- Working with the Executive Director and Committee to secure corporate sponsorships by preparing solicitation letters, donor packets, and scheduling meetings
- Assist Gala Committee in securing silent and live auction items
- Coordinating award selection process and details with award recipients
- Maintain registration for the event and seating arrangements
- Ensuring that all details of the event are recorded for Voices for Children’s records
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- Outstanding organizational skills
- 1-2 years experience working in an office environment
- Experience managing events preferred
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant/Special Projects Coordinator” in the subject line. This position is available immediately. Qualified candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until it is filled.
The position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.