Voices for Children in Nebraska is seeking an organized, enthusiastic, and creative professional with experience in fundraising and marketing to help our small nonprofit thrive. This person will coordinate our fund development and marketing efforts, ensuring our organization has flourishing resources to continue to break down systemic barriers to opportunity for children in our state.
This position reports to the executive director.
Voices for Children in Nebraska has, for over 35 years, been a leader in data-informed and engagement-driven systemic change on key children’s issues in Nebraska. Our mission is to be an independent voice building pathways to opportunity for all children and families through research, advocacy and community engagement. Our vision is to engage the public and state leaders to build systems removing obstacles and promoting opportunities for all children to lead healthy, secure and fulfilling lives. Our primary areas of focus include youth justice, child welfare, economic stability and health care access. We strive to promote equity and inclusion, to dismantle barriers caused by systemic racism, to build up youth voice, and to center lived experience in systems change.
Fund Development (70% of time):
- Develop, implement, and track annual fundraising plan for the organization.
- Research and develop a corporate donor policy in alignment with organizational values.
- Design and execute fundraising events and initiatives.
- Research and develop grant proposals and track and respond to grant reporting requirements in collaboration with executive director and program staff.
- Plan and develop fundraising solicitations, donor relations, and other donor communications.
- Manage the organization’s CRM platform (SALSA) and utilize data to support fund development goals.
- Staff Voices for Children Board committees pertaining to special events and fund development.
- Support event volunteers and manage interns when applicable.
Marketing (25% of time):
- Design and coordinate communications strategy with staff, including media releases and social media.
- Coordinate advance work for conferences, community meetings and events, receptions, and other special events.
- Track engagement with Voices for Children’s events and social media and work with program staff to develop Voices for Children’s database of involved consumers.
- Maintain media contact directory, coordinate press releases and responses to press requests.
- Track organizational media coverage.
Related Operations (5% of time):
- Coordinate mass mailings.
- Maintain minutes at board meetings and provide requested assistance to board committee meetings.
- Maintain organizational calendar.
- Assist executive director in coordinating job postings, candidate materials, interview setup, and candidate correspondence.
- Manage updates to our website and branded materials.
- Minimum of 1-2 years fundraising experience, including experience managing events.
- Creativity and vision for increasing our brand recognition and donor relationships.
- Must be a “people person” who is extroverted and able to engage positively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Commitment to furthering child well-being and racial justice in Nebraska.
- Outstanding organizational skills, high attention to detail, and experience balancing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Word Press, and/or Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience using SALSA customer relationship management system preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary starting at mid-$50s and depending on experience and vision.
- Health and dental insurance with a $500 monthly contribution from Voices for Children to go toward premiums, health savings account, or flexible savings account for medical or dependent care expenses.
- 401(k) with employer match starting 6 months following employment
- Life insurance
- Optional employee assistance program
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
- Flexible workweek schedule and hybrid remote/in-office structure
Note: If you do not meet all the qualifications but have fund development experience, a vision for growing our ability to do the work, and are committed to anti-racism and social justice for kids in Nebraska, we still strongly encourage you to apply. We particularly encourage Black, Indigenous, and other persons of color to apply, as well as members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
Please forward resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Fund Development and Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Voices for Children in Nebraska is an equal opportunity employer.
Post a comment