As an organization focused on changing the systems that serve kids, we do not have any opportunities that involve working directly with children. If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity working with kids, you can find those on http://www.volunteermatch.org/ or by contacting your local United Way.
On very rare occasions, we need temporary help with assembling materials and mailings.
How it works:
- You indicate your interest in this opportunity by emailing email@example.com with your name, email address and phone number.
- Voices for Children adds your contact information to our volunteer list (Don’t worry, we won’t share your information with anybody.)
- Interested volunteers are contacted by email or phone (depending on preference) with a description of the project. The description will include date, time, number of hours the project may take, and the number of volunteers needed.
- If you are available and interested, just respond to the email or phone call. We will use volunteers on a first come, first used basis.
- Come by the office at the time indicated. We’ll train you on the project.
Since many hands make light work, volunteers are only needed for one or two hours on a project by project basis.
There are no special requirements of volunteers and we will train you for the specific task. We prefer volunteers who are high school age or beyond. Since this opportunity is on a very occasional basis (once or twice a year), it is a great opportunity for the busy volunteer who cannot commit to a specific time or number of hours.